By Ashley Chantler,Rob Hawkes
Read or Download An Introduction to Ford Madox Ford PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The Poet's Holy Craft represents the 1st full-length research and interpretation of William Gilmore Simms's poetry. Matthew C. Brennan demonstrates the comprehensiveness of Simms's romanticism by means of interpreting Simms's poetics, his experimental sonnets, and his deep affinity to William Wordsworth, which in particular indicates in Simms's pioneering attitudes towards nature and ecology.
The observe “romantic” has such a lot of assorted meanings that C. S. Lewis quipped it may be deleted from our vocabulary. but, from the viewpoint of English literature, “romantic” is linked, at the start, with the poetry of Romanticism, the circulation that accentuated the cultured price of emotion, human adventure, and the majesty of nature.
Huge media/spectral topics explores the intersection of monsters, ghosts, illustration and expertise in Gothic texts from the 19th century to the current. It argues that rising media applied sciences from the phantasmagoria and magic lantern to the hand held video digicam and the non-public computing device either form Gothic topics and in flip develop into Gothicised.
Unique and interesting, this learn provides the 4 nameless poems present in the Cotton Nero MS - Pearl, Cleanness, endurance, and Sir Gawain and the fairway Knight - as a composite textual content with a continual narrative. whereas it's broadly permitted that the poems attributed to the Pearl-Poet should be learn jointly, this publication demonstrates that rather than being analyzed as 4 specific, notwithstanding interconnected, textual entities, they should be studied as a unmarried literary unit that produces that means via its personal complicated inner constitution.
- Poetry and Ecology in the Age of Milton and Marvell (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Fairies in Medieval Romance (The New Middle Ages)
- The Gothic Body: Sexuality, Materialism, and Degeneration at the Fin de Siècle (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Romantic Prophecy and the Resistance to Historicism
- Reading with John Clare: Biopoetics, Sovereignty, Romanticism (Lit Z FUP)
- Eighteenth-Century Vitalism: Bodies, Culture, Politics (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
Additional resources for An Introduction to Ford Madox Ford
An Introduction to Ford Madox Ford by Ashley Chantler,Rob Hawkes